DIY Doormat

Wednesday, July 8, 2015


Happy Wednesday friends!
Today I'm going to show you how to make a super cute doormat for your front door! I've been seeing these cute diy doormats all over pinterest, so I thought I would try and make my own.

Below are the step-by-step instructions on how to make your own!

You will need a doormat of your choice, paint, tape, paint brushes, and letter stencils.

Love this paint! It's very durable and a great price!
(under a $1 at Hobby Lobby)

1. Pick out what you want your diy doormat to say
2. Lay out your letters on the doormat and tape them down
3. Start painting!
4. Remove letters and let dry (overnight)

It was fun little weekend project and I plan on doing another one for our back door. Next time I would do a few things differently. I think smaller letters would have been better for this mat, they were a little big (I had to freehand the last row). I also think I would go with a brighter color, I do plan on going back with white and making an outline on this mat.

I really hope you enjoyed this diy and try it for yourself! I would love to see pictures if you make one, just tag me or use the hashtag #myltlblog!


1 comment:

  1. Love Laura! I am sooo going to have to do this! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete